How do I obtain environmental records?

Information regarding hazardous material spills and underground storage tanks, fire and fire inspection reports, are maintained by the Durham Fire Department. Please use the public records request portal.

Records outside the City limits are maintain by the County Fire Marshall's office which can be reached at 

Additional environmental information may be found at

Information related to water supplies and septic systems can be obtained by contacting the Durham County Register of Deeds:

See other articles in Other Frequently Asked Questions