What are the setbacks for my property?

Setbacks are generally defined by the base zoning district. To find out what the base zoning district is for a particular property, you will want to use the Development Tracker. Please click on the [Development Tracker](https://durhamdevelopmentservicescenter.mojohelpdesk.com/ma/#/kb/articles/185884/detail) Article below to learn how to use this mapping application. Once you have the base zoning district, you can select the zoning article on that zoning to link to its setback information. Most of the residential zoning district setbacks can be found in the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) [Article 7.1](http://www.codepublishing.com/NC/Durham/#!/7.1.html#7.1). The two greatest exceptions to this are the Rural Residential zone (RR) setbacks found in [Article 6.2]( http://www.codepublishing.com/NC/Durham/#!/6.2.html#6.2) and the Planned Residential Development zone (PDR), which are defined individually. For recent PDR zones, information about the required setbacks is often on the plat for the property. Please review the article on [plats](https://durhamdevelopmentservicescenter.mojohelpdesk.com/ma/#/kb/articles/185893/detail) to find out how to look at a plat online. Additionally, you should also review the UDO [Article 6.8](http://www.codepublishing.com/NC/Durham/#!/6.8.html#6.8) regulations regarding infill development in residential districts to see if they apply. If the infill standards apply, this may alter the required street yard distance. Setbacks for non-residential districts vary by development tiers. The setbacks or build to lines, depending upon the district, can be found in UDO [Article 6.10]( http://www.codepublishing.com/NC/Durham/#!/6.10.html#6.10). Planned districts also have restrictive site requirements and these can be found in UDO [Article 6.11]( http://www.codepublishing.com/NC/Durham/#!/6.11.html#6.11).  
See other articles in Other Frequently Asked Questions, Planning, Development tracker, Zoning